Sunday, April 6, 2014

Hi...This is Me!


I am what most people would call the typical girl. I grew up thinking that I would find prince charming, fall deeply in love, and live happily ever after. I mean Cinderella and other Disney princesses made it look like a piece of cake (ohh cake). Anyway, I went through life thinking this is how it would be and that being a wife and mother would be a breeze. I would watch my mom be a mom and wife day in and day out. I thought to myself, “If she could do it, I could do it.” No sweat. Well let me tell ya, I am 9 months into a marriage (very happily might I add), no kids yet, and I honestly feel extremely diaphoretic ALL the time. I struggle when it comes to cooking, cleaning, crafting, loving, praying, and working. What happened?! I definitely took my mom for granted and the Disney princesses definitely gave the wrong perspective on how growing up was going to be. See if I ever trust a Disney Princess again, gah.

So this is me. I am a night shift registered nurse, trying to support a husband in school, trying to cook, clean, attend church, and ultimately live a happy life. My husband and I were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple in August 2013. Yes, it was my “happily ever after”. However, even with 9 months under our belt, we have still have had our mistakes, and hardships. I have learned that being the “domestic housewife” is harder than I have ever imagined.

So consider this my journal. My insights to my trials and errors of becoming “mom and wife of the year”. I am not perfect by any means and I know there are many out there like me that just want to vent and laugh as I do. This journal of mine may reach someone out there, it may not. This is for me and if someone would like to follow, please do. I will post my insights on life, religion, politics, as well as things I have learned and continue to learn from my life. I may post recipes, crafts, etc. I invite others to share as well. I will tell you though, I will not argue with anyone who is in search to start a verbal dispute. If you would like to debate that is just fine. However, any degradation of my beliefs, attitude, etc. will not be welcome. I ask for respect and I will respect you. Again this page is for me, it is mine, so I will post as I please. Please be respectful of that. This page is meant to be fun and for people to join together and share insights. So please join me as I “LEARN TO BE DOMESTIC”.

1 comment:

  1. Samantha! This is going to be such a fun blog to read and follow! People don't really prepare you for how hard being a wife and mom really is. Lots of work and lots of mistakes! You just have to laugh! I can't wait to read more posts from you!

    Jenna Walker Haderlie

    ReplyDelete